Today Central Geelong Marketing and Tourism Greater Geelong & The Bellarine hosted 'Your Business Reputation Matters' training, hosted by Dr Jurgen Strauss from Innovabiz. Those who attended walked away with some tips on how to get the most of reviews and what they can do for your business.
Did you know?
90% of consumers trust recommendations from people they know.
89% of consumers trust customer reviews made by strangers online.
87% of consumers are influenced by positive reviews
Consumers trust customer reviews 12 x more than the manufactures descriptions.
Google your business regularly to see how your business is tracking. Set up a Google My Business account if you don't already have one.
High reviews lead to more business, profit and growth, trust, more leads and higher rankings on Google.
5 key steps to taking control of your business reputation
1. Provide remarkable service - give the customers the best experience they have ever had. Ask them for reviews
2. Set up/Claim ownership of your accounts - Google My Business account for all types of businesses; Trip Advisor for accommodations, restaurants, tourist attractions; Urban Spoon for restaurant. For more information about how to set up a Google My Business account click here
3. Assess and tune up current situation - Look at your current reviews - are they good or bad? Is there room for improvement?
4. Set up Reputation Management tool software - software that helps you monitor your online reputation
5. Ask every customer to give you a rating - don't be afraid to ask the question.
When responding to reviews, leave your ego behind.
Acknowlege the positive reviews - say thanks
Don't offer incentatives for reviews as this comes across as buying a good reputation!
Treat the reviews as a learning tool!
'It takes 20 years to build a good reputation and only five minutes to ruin it' - Warren Buffett