Most children are in their happy place when sliding down a slide, swinging on a monkey bar or just running free in an open field. Make their day and visit one of these great play spaces in Central Geelong.
Playgrounds found in Central Geelong
- Eastern Beach Playground – Located near the restored art deco swimming enclosure is surrounded by gardens, with public BBQ's, amenities and facilities, playgrounds and a free public pool.
- Poppy Kettle Playground
- Youth Activities Area - It's not just the little kids having fun in Central Geelong. Located on the Waterfront in front of the Deakin University campus, the Youth Activities Area is a unique space for young people incorporating a skate park, event and activities space.
- Rippleside Park - Located between the Geelong suburbs (42 Bell Parade, Rippleside) of Drumcondra and Rippleside, Rippleside Park is one of the region's most-visited open spaces.
- Geelong Play Space - Located in the heart of Eastern Park, just near the Geelong Botanic Gardens. The Liberty Swing can be found in this Play Space. Liberty Swing Key Access - You can collect a key for this swing from either the National Wool Museum (26 Moorabool Street) or The Carousel (1 Eastern Beach Road).Just replace the key in the handy key return box near the Play Space entrance when you are ready to leave the playground.
Public Parks in Central Geelong
Grab the picnic blanket and let them run free in one of these public parks.
- Check out Johnstone Park in Gheringhap St and its historic rotunda. The War Memorial sits within the park along with striking contemporary public art and the new Geelong Regional ‘dome’ Library.
- Spectacular Waterfront Geelong includes Steampacket Gardens and Transvaal Square, both providing plenty of opportunities to relax under towering palm trees and Norfolk Pines.
- Don't miss Eastern Beach, with its historic and magnificently restored art deco swimming enclosure; it is a true feature of our stunning city. It is surrounded by gardens, with public BBQ's, amenities and facilities, playgrounds and a free public pool.
- For a mix of history and stunning contemporary design, visit the Geelong Botanic Gardens. Located above Eastern Beach, the Botanic Gardens offer visitors an impressive array of plants set amongst historic English landscaping. To get there you'll have to pass through the spectacular 21st Century Garden. It's a multi-million dollar contemporary garden blending unique native garden beds with dramatic design. It's not to be missed.
- A key destination for locals and visitors alike, Eastern Park is popular for walking, jogging, golf or just taking in the view. It's also a fantastic picnic spot.