A free community event with everyone welcome and something for everyone. Sunday 6th Oct Deakin Waterfront Campus 10 – 3pm
The Uplifting start to Mental Health Month and listed as a Seniors’ Festival Event.
Hosted by Humans in Geelong at team of volunteers, our aim is to INSPIRE – CONNECT – STRENGTHEN our community
• 45 inspiring exhibitors, a diverse range of artists, authors, social entrepreneurs, community groups including; The Piano Bar, Cherished Pets, A Place of Calm and WILD – Women in Local Democracy
• 10 thought-provoking speakers on a diverse range of topics including:
• Chris Lytas from ‘The Man Walk Geelong’ who is talking on: “Making people comfortable with speaking about the uncomfortable – why storytelling is key to normalising the conversation around Mental Health.”
• Cathy Roth talking about PALZ – Professionals with Alzheimer’s along with Louise Day from Dementia Australia.
• Chloe Hayden (Princess Aspien) talking on autism, creating a fairytale within your circumstances, and helping other people to find their happily ever after.
• 10 uplifting culturally diverse performances including:
With One Voice Choir, Medimime, Rachel Brennan and young songwriters, Wild Moves International Drumming, Macedonia, Indonesian, Lithuanian and La Vida Salsa Latin Dance Groups. Fun in the courtyard, free facepainting, henna, apples, Geelong Crusaders, CRAG – Combined Refugee Action Group conversation tent. Orange Sky Laundry van. St Leonards Men’s Shed making free take-home bird boxes with the kids.